Let us help you plan for your upcoming European residency.
The three intensive summertime residencies in Europe are a critical and defining benefit of the Cedar Crest College Low-Residency, Pan-European MFA in Creative Writing. These residencies will enable you to:
- Explore picturesque and inspiring European locales where acclaimed writers lived and honed their craft.
- Immerse yourself in the culture of the area, exploring the salient link between where a story takes place and how that story unfolds within those boundaries—real or imagined.
- Delve more deeply into the locale, not as a tourist but as a writer seeking to add depth and detail to your works.
- Connect with an international community of gifted writers, including our faculty-authors and fellow MFA students, for intensive workshops and literary critique.
- Participate in 15 days of intensive study, focusing solely on your craft, your writing community, and the instruction provided by faculty mentors.
The Dublin Residency
Arrival and departure dates: Students are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to and from the residency locations. Refer to the Program Schedule for specific dates when planning your arrival and departure.
Program Schedule »
Airport: Dublin Airport (IATA symbol: DUB)
Accommodations: Trinity College, College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Learn more about Trinity College and the surrounding area. »
Important documents: US students are required to have a valid passport for entry into Ireland but will not need a visa. Students from other countries need to check with the appropriate bureau in their own country and The Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service and obtain documents required for their travel.
Ireland travel information from the US Department of State »
The Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service »
Expenses included: Cedar Crest College has secured special accommodations rates for our MFA students. The greater the number of students in the program, the lower the cost per student. Trinity College accommodations include board, breakfast, classroom space, and speakers. Cost of coursework, locale seminars, cross-genre seminars, and craft seminars are included in your MFA tuition bill. You are responsible for booking flights and ground transportation to and from Trinity College. You are also responsible for the cost of all meals other than breakfast.
Meals: The Trinity College accommodations rate includes breakfast only; however, Trinity College has a very good restaurant/cafeteria called The Buttery on site. Also, within a 5-minute walk of campus, you can find eateries that range from fast food to upscale.
For more information: Contact the Administrative Director for more information on travel arrangements as related to the Cedar Crest College Low-Residency, Pan-European MFA in Creative Writing.